Hi Bernhard,

> The usual way to update out kconfig was to pull the upstream version
> from the kernel, refresh our patch (if we had one) and commit
> both. We usually picked the current stable kernel version and mentioned
> that version in the commit message for future reference and updates.
>
> Usually we upstreamed eventual fixes or improvement to Sam resp. the
> kernel kconfig which were not busybox specific as to minimize local
> patches.
>
> I think such a refresh is overdue. Hence if anybody is willing to
> carefully refresh, that'd be awesome. I assume this would automagically
> pull in nconfig support, too.

I tried, but I couldn't find a clear commit upstream that was the
similar to "build system overhaul"
(https://git.busybox.net/busybox/commit/?id=7d219aab70e6951ab82c27c202cac05016696723),
or any following it.

Busybox's kconfig has a lot of custom modifications and has diverged
wrt upstream.

I like the idea of syncing both kconfigs. If it is desirable, I can
try porting the latest version. But I advance there will be a lot of
changes...
But I was thinking also porting some other changes and making both
trees alike...

Cheers,

Xabier Oneca_,,_