On Wed, Jan 18, 2023 at 5:45 PM Peter Korsgaard <pe...@korsgaard.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  > Yes, I see the same in git.busybox.net since a while back. I thought it was
>  > my browser's fault (because it sticks in "performing TLS handshake"), but
>  > now tried with wget and it connects and waits too.
>
> I've restarted Apache on the VM, which seems to have improved things
> somewhat.

It's slow because it is configured to have limited small number of concurrent
connections. When there are more connections, they are held up and can time out.

There are several periodic "git pull" scripts somewhere on the Net
querying the site
all the time. With larger connection limit, they can spawn so many git processes
that machine OOMs (hangs) and needs to be manually rebooted.