Unless it's changed in the past 3 years, doesn't West U., Bellaire and Southside Place FD use their own linked system, separate from Houston ?

IIRC: City of Bellaire PD went with City of Houston, only because the HPD Beechnut substation was close enough to their jurisdiction to avoid the cost of erecting a new transmitter in the City of Bellaire. Prior to that occurring, only Sergeants and dispatchers had a direct link to HPD. While the Bellaire, West U. and Southside Place Fire Departments are on their own Mutual Aid system.

Howard Bingham, Deer Park, TX

KE5APJ