Bill, I don't want you to hesitate!

I want your input!

and thank you for it.

And your right, I don't want to be defensive or arguementative..

But on the other hand,  I did tell Mike (the hamfest chairman) that I wanted to
start EARLY  (NOW!!!) in

the planning for next years show and I think I did tell him I might not be nice
about how I go about it..   ha ha

No (kidding) I am always a nice guy, but I do want to criticize the things that
went wrong and grow the things

that went right!!

We already know 95% of our club members and 99% of other hams probably wont
help us at all, it is just the way life is.

But we are going to push for and ask for folks to help us anyway!!

At least the last two shows (maybe more) were seriously about to NOT HAPPEN at
all…  A few years ago the Volunteer

Chairman quit right before the show.   Several folks (several times) wanted to
help with the hamfest website and

just as they get started they quit and dissapear leaving stuff in dis array…

It is so frustrating!!

This year the show was so close to not happening that the website was basicly
CLOSED for most of last year.

People started calling me in October asking if the show was going to occur this
year, I had to be honest and say

" I DON’T KNOW"…

Mike Hartwig, our show chairman and our club president has been working at his
job in Dallas and trying to

commute down here for planning meetings and and club business.. is that easy?
Heck no,

but there is no one stepping up to take his place.

I am not trying to be defensive, I am just trying to point out how we need
help!!

We can all sit around and say WE NEED BIG VENDORS….
DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need people calling those vendors, emailing those vendors, keeping up with
who to talk to, when to plan

with them, what are their needs when attending our show, and so on.. We need to
do this with litterlly hundreds of

companies just to make sure we have a few good ones… We did it a little in the
past but not this year.

Oh, and we also need to ask these many vendors for help in the door prize and
promotional materials department..

For next year we do have someone new to do this task, we are already getting
together a list of companies and

marketing plans for tempting the big guys to come to ur next shows.

you know the Hamfest buys most of its own  prizes???
When I got very involved in the planning side,  I was amazed that more prizes
were not donated by companies ..

In most of the industries I have been involved with in my life many companies

DONATE to the charity (the hamfest is a 501C non profit)..

For a while when we could afford it, I made sure my little company donated BIG
prizes to the hamfest,

for several years my company would dontate a transcciever to the hamfest.  Of
course we also dontated to

museum ships, field day, and some local schools, police charities and a bunch
of other things.

But my little business has had to slim down a bit in the last few years and I
am only donating my time now..

(trying to do the best I can)

For next year, we already have some NEW folks that are stepping up in a big way
to help us grow.  We have some

early plans that are just getting uinderway and want to encourage IDEAS and
VOLUNTEERS..

I hope none of the current volunteers and door prize donators are not offended,
or frustrated or

anything other negetive by my posts.. the few donations, and the precious
volunteers that that did make it

possible for this show to happen are my heros!!

We not only want the fantastic great ideas, but we want solutions on how to
achieve these things.!

And yes, brainstorming is good!   ha ha

Thanks again Bill..

This is more people saying more about the hamfest that ALL LAST YEAR!!!

Eddie Runner
(NU5K)