An 811 is a tube from the 40s, I recall a Western Electric KW broadcast
transmitter that used a pair to modulate a pair.  It was a brute. To my
knowledge tube testers were not intended to test transmitter tubes.maybe a TV
fly back tube The way to test them is in a transmitter noting the watts in and
watts out. As a tube ages the filament may loose it's emission. some times
boosting the fulfillment a volt or two will squeeze a little more life out of
them,  I used to work with a 50KW TV transmitter, a new tube was under voltage
on the filament and when it was finished a year or so later it would be 10 to
15% over specs.Another problem is gas that boils out of the plate, Carbon in
this case.  The Thoriated tungsten filament is designed to absorb gas. just
leaving the filaments on for a week or so might remove gas.  Sometimes you can
see the gas in the tube as a neon like flicker,  The following  test is not for
those do not know how to work with  with high voltage, one hand in the pocket,
stand back and more, they should run from my advice about testing with 700
volts or so.  To test a tube you might use a 700 volt supply and adjust it to
the value in the specifications  First apply bias to the grid using a ma meter
to monitor  both plate and grid. More negative  bias means less plate current.
This is a DC test that does not account for what RF is asking the tube to do.
Some times a tube was unuseable in the final but would work ok for a while as a
modulator. K5VGM WI2XLJIn a message dated 7/29/2020 2:15:55 PM Central Standard