Yes Sir the callsign is good break in.  Keeps the old Marine Aviators from
blowing twice on the mic or the old Naval Aviators from saying "Uaah" to
give the radio time to key the transmitter.  On the 7290 traffic net,
the leader often asks for check-ins.  Makes everyone realize that in a
minute or two there will be a time to give your call and be asked to talk
(I realize it is a directed net, not a ragchew) but the gaps really smooth
things out.  Enjoying the BVARC up here in Ruston, LA.  Wish I could make
the 2 meter ragchew, but it is a bit far from here.
73s  Will Gray, KB7QL

--
431 Forest Circle
Ruston, LA 71270-2642