-------- Original message --------From: Pat Cameron via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org>
Date: 8/6/21  2:49 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
<bvarc@bvarc.org> Cc: Pat Cameron <k...@comcast.net>, Jeffery MacMillian
<twi...@gmail.com> Subject: Re: [BVARC] Net problems Thanks Robert!  I
especially like using your call sign instead of "comment"On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at
9:49 PM Jeffery MacMillian via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org> wrote:Thanks Robert.
Very clear and well stated....... Have Fun,JeffKC5TT On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at
9:45 PM Robert Polinski via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org> wrote:As the 94 trustee I
am going to give a quick statement.    I did not hear the net so I cannot
comment on what was or was not said. The rules on the 94 (and most other
repeaters) areThat it is not a closed repeater, every ham is welcome. If you
want to have a private chat were outside opinions or involvement isnot wanted,
that’s what a cell phone is good for!Please, please let the repeater drop and
count to 3 to allow anyone else to join. If you are trying to not let them in,
them, just say you reached you stop, or the xyl calling and sign off. New hams
take priority. I would advise all nets, make a special call for new hams. At
the speed us OM are becoming SK, we need them.We did this when we met at
meetings an should do this at nets, all nets, BVARC,ARES, or any other nets, If
clubs & groups want new blood, this is a must. A net is many new hams first
contact.As far as the break-in using the word COMMENT, Although it is not bad,
I think it is better for operators to just put their call sign. This is the
proper way to break in and what the ARRL teaches.
In the years I have been trustee, I had to tell only one ham that he could not
use the 94. He was advertising a web page for the KKK using another hams call.
And as trustee I do have that right. Just like children, new learn from old. If
you exhibit poor operating habits , the new one will copy.I have witnessed some
older club members, not being too welcoming to newbies, I am sure I have a time
or to, so have I. Lets try not to do this. Just maybe a bad day, or bad time,
but you can have a lasting impact on a new ham.I am blessed to know many of you
fellow hams and hope to meet the new hams. At a time that many of my great ham
friends have become SK, we need to be grateful for the people around us. Always
have fun and go not let anyone steal your joy.
                   Robert Polinski KD5YVQ  Trustee of the 146.940 KG5EEO
repeater    From: BVARC <bvarc-boun...@bvarc.org> On Behalf Of rodney martinez
via BVARCSent: Wednesday, August 04, 2021 7:21 PMTo: BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR
RADIO CLUB <bvarc@bvarc.org>Cc: rodney martinez <sota...@yahoo.com>Subject: Re:
[BVARC] Net problems Rodney (NK5Q) here. Everybody, I want to apologize for
posting the first email about Monday's Net Control.  I had no idea it would
explode into the sh*tstorm it has become, and unrelated issues as well.   I
just had to speak my mind on how Net was disallowing check-ins without traffic
to report.  My bad apparently. I promised Mike Hardwick I would not beat this
horse to death after that first and only email.  I keep getting requests from
members for more info about Monday Net.  I have kept pretty much silent. Please
kindly do not continue to ask me.  I appreciate your concerns, but BOD will
handle it from here.  They will handle it during next meeting.  Thank you for
your interest, but I don't want to build a divide in our club. Kind
Regards,RodNK5Q  Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 17:15,
mark janzer via BVARC<bvarc@bvarc.org>
Radio ClubBVARC mailing
listBVARC@bvarc.orghttp://mail.bvarc.org/mailman/listinfo/bvarc_bvarc.orgPublicly
 available archives are available here: