Did you permit the project to erect a tower and antenna?

On 3/31/2022 9:41 AM, Neal Naumann via BVARC wrote:
A TV antenna is permitted by law (which was drafted by the advertisers running ads on the over the air television stations).   My Hygain TH-3JRS is is TV antenna.   33 feet is a height I require for good reception.

A flagpole is permitted by law.  If you choose to run a wire to it is your choice.

73,

Neal N5EN

*From:* BVARC <bvarc-boun...@bvarc.org> on behalf of Jeff Greer via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org>
*Sent:* Thursday, March 31, 2022, 9:16 AM
*To:* BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB <bvarc@bvarc.org>
*Cc:* Jeff Greer <gree...@hotmail.com>
*Subject:* Re: [BVARC] masts & towers

Well, my CC&Rs are not vague - they say explicitly no antennas unless we're required to allow the antenna by law. Having said that, I already have an antenna for HF.  There will be one for VHF and UHF.  The question is about how to build it...

I think I've settled on doing the tetherball base.  Now I just need to figure out if it will be a push up mast, a crank up mast, a tilt over mast, or some combination, and I need to figure out what to make it out of...  Lighter is better, I think, as it'll be less likely to cause damage should it ever blow over (or get knocked over).  I may put this thing between my house and the neighbor's house, and I don't want it breaking stuff.  I was looking at carbon fiber telescoping masts last night, and that may be a good option.  They're pricey, which I'm not thrilled about, but they are supposedly stronger/stiffer than aluminum.

-j