That CB SWR meter should be just fine. You might be surprised with the
bandwidth of that CB antenna. Of course cutting the elements by some amount
(maybe 4%; midband 27.250 v 28.400).
In my experience, I had fun working numerous stations incl  Australia, New
Zealand, Japan, Alaska, Hawaii, all over Europe with a Ranger and simple
groundplane. Just study propagation on 10M. There will be super band
openings but to generalize for now:  Europe in mornings, Pacific early
evening.