On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Ere Maijala wrote:
My server is running UW imapd 2003.338rh. I just noticed a problem with the IDLE command. It seems that if there are two connections to the server, and one of them has for example INBOX selected and in IDLE mode, another connection can't gain read-write access to the INBOX. No kiss of death is issued on the IDLE connection. Is this deliberate?

I can't reproduce this problem with unmodified UW imapd; kiss of death works fine with IDLE for me.

Please try unmodified UW imapd and see if that works for you. If so, that would suggest that the problem is in Redhat's distribution.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.