On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Ere Maijala wrote:
Sorry, it was my fault. I tried with unmodified imapd 2004 RC7, but still had the problem. Turned out I wasn't reading the network capture carefully. The connection was dropped correctly, but my mail client reconnected immediately and selected INBOX again. This would cause problems for the other process trying to get the lock, right?

Indeed it would. If the other process got the lock, it would be stolen away from it right away. Or, if the other process hadn't yet gotten it yet (an unlikely timing race) before the reconnection seized it, it wouldn't know about the reconnection.

Either way, it loses.

Sounds like a very unfriendly client.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc