On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Chris Ross wrote:
 - modify sendmail.cf (and friends: submit.cf?) to call tmail instead
of mail.local.  The tmail man page has a little info on this.
 - Modify by calls in my procmailrc to use dmail instead of just
specifying the mailbox name (i thing.  this right?)

So far, so good.

 So, is there any way to tell tmail to deliver to an mbx format
"main mail spool" if the file doesn't already exist?  I know if
it exists, it'll deliver in the correct format, but what if it
vanishes?

The easiest way to do this is to edit file
imap-200?/src/osdep/unix/Makefile
to set
CREATEPROTO=mbxproto
instead of the current unixproto. Then rebuild the entire UW IMAP toolkit.

However, once created, an mbx-format mailbox shouldn't vanish. So, it should work just to create empty mbx-format mailboxes for everybody who doesn't have it. It works to create one, and then copy it to each user (there isn't any user-specific in an empty mbx-format mailbox). That way, you don't have to do any rebuilding.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.