On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Erik Kangas wrote:
#!/bin/bash
if [ ! -e "$HOME/$1" ] && [ $1 != ".inbox" ]; then
  /usr/local/bin/mbxcreat "#driver.mbx:$1"
fi
/usr/local/bin/dmail "+$1"

I recommend using "mailutil create" instead of "mbxcreat" since the latter program is no longer supported.

We didn't find any easier way to accomplish this for arbitrary folders; it would be nice if dmail could do this itself.

I'm not sure that I understand. dmail never creates a non-INBOX mailbox; if the destination mailbox does not exist then dmail will deliver to INBOX.

Do you mean "convert mailbox format"? If so, mailutil can be used to convert, albeit to a different name.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.