Vincent Massol wrote:
Hi Nick,

You don't see the value because we're still missing the important bit
which is to automatically fail the build when the coverage percentage is
below a threshold. We'll get there one day :-

OTOH, I use Clover from time to time to tell me where tests should be
written. I don't look often but I like to have it when I need it.

I also use the clover reports from time to time... but they should be optional in the build process. I actually believe they are *optional*, and we have a flag (clover.enable) to enable it. Doesn't that flag work?

I do agree we could possibly do without the web reports. However, that
only costs some space on the web server. I'd be okay to remove the
clover reports from the zip distribution though because they're taking
so much space.

+1. We could actually hardwire the link in the docs to the online version, to avoid a broken link in the local docs.

WRT the license we have a license for Cactus and I can send you the
clover jar for Cactus if you wish.

Yeah. When I started working on Cactus, I simply dropped the Clover guys a mail [1], and told them I was committer on the project (with something like a link to the contributors page as proof). I got back a link for downloading a team licenced version in (almost) no time. I guess we could just forward that link to you privately.

-chris

[1] I see they now have a form for the process:
    http://www.thecortex.net/clover/freelicense.jsp

Thanks
-Vincent