Am 25.02.2004 um 10:15 schrieb Vincent Massol:
I believe we already have this functionality in <runservertests>
(although not documented):

   <runservertests testurl="...">
     <start target="start.resin"/>
     <test>
       <!-- Here you can invoke any Ant tasks you like -->
       <echo>Here we go</echo>
       <antcall target="foo"/>
       <antcall target="bar"/>
     </test>
     <stop target="stop.resin"/>
   </runservertests>

But you'll have to implement the start.resin goal no? It's not calling the o.a.c.i.a.c.resin.* classes , right?

Ah, I thought I was missing something :-)

In that case I'd suggest extending <runservertests> so that it would accept a nested <containerset>, similar to <cactus>. This approach would be much cleaner than providing separate <startcontainer> and <stopcontainer> tasks IMHO.

That can get messy though, because the task basically gets two different modes: the first is using the classic start/stop hooks, the second mode would be based on container sets. Note that the first mode could be dropped, because a generic container inside a container set supports the same semantics, but simply dropping the start/stop hooks would break backward compatibility. I recall working on this, but gave up because I didn't need it myself.

This would be simpler if we'd simply make this a new task (<runcontainer> or <incontainer>?).

Cheers,
Chris
--
Christopher Lenz