Hi Shay,

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:22:22 -0600,
Shay Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
sthompso> I need to test multiple remote machines, from a single main machine,
sthompso> using Cactus.  I'm wondering if Cactus is thread safe for doing
sthompso> something like this?  I'd obviously have to have it run off of
separate
sthompso> ear files, 1 for each remote machine, but even then will it work?

I think it's possible.

Some possible constraints for the use-case I can imagine:
1. exclusive JVM is required for each cactified application under test
   since client-side of Cactus set the contextURL as a System property.
   So, you have to invoke multiple JVM processes each of which runs Cactus
   for one remote machine, if you need to test remote machines simultaneously.
2. Cactus does not have a capability of remote deployment, yet.
   So, you have to deploy cactified applications to remote machines
   before you run tests.

Hope this helps,
----
Kazuhito SUGURI