I have recently consolidated a bunch of the websites I have been working on to Dreamhost, mainly because I originally planned to port some of them to Rails before I came across CakePHP.

Dreamhost has been giving me headaches reguarding phpMyAdmin crapping out, their own control panel being unresponsive, email being significantly delayed, email being rejected when sent through their SMTP server, and most importantly MySQL performance is intermittently horrible.  Sometimes the database connection or lack there of causes a site to stop loading completely.

Anyway, I have two questions....

  1. Is anyone else here using Dreamhost to host CakePHP projects?

  2. What would you recommend for a web host if you do not use Dreamhost?

My main reason for going with dreamhost was Rails support and shell access via SSH.  I also like their ability to host many domains under one login.  Rails support is no longer a necessity.

One shared setup I am looking at is http://www.resellerzoom.com/ which is the reseller portion of hostingzoom.  Any one have experience with them?

Any information is appreciated.