no worries mate, i asked the same question the first time around.

used to run scheduled jobs such as system tasks, nightly security
checks, website analysis reports, and backups.

basically, if you are able to administor your server you can set up a
cron job to run at certain times during the day - everyday, or on
specific days, during specific time periods.

you tell cron, i want to run this script (php script you've written)
at these times. so in that script you can check your DB for those
users who need to be emailed and do so.

have a search around on Google for cron, unix / linux and then ask
your hosting provider if it possible to implement.

cheers,
freedom