> I don't see the benefit of the extra roundtrip via the webserver?
>
> Isn't it more clear to have a cronjob execute a script directly
> instead of redirecting it through the webserver and an extra
> controller? Moreover, your ISP could impose limits on maximum
> execution time. Batch processing may very well take longer than the
> timeout.
>
> --
>   Martin Schapendonk, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

All things being equal, a cron job is probably the best solution. Then
again, an ISP might not allow cron jobs, forcing you to use a
workaround like this. And of course the workaround itself may end up
annoying them, too. There's just no pleasing some folks.

Kind Regards,

Brian Wisti
http://coolnamehere.com/