On 10/17/06, MrTufty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This might unfortunately be a sticking point.
>
> We're in a position with one of our clients where we simply can't trust
> them not to tamper with the code we've written for them. This would be
> ok, but anything that goes wrong with it they blame us for even when
> it's their fault. So, we use IonCube Encoder on all the work we do for
> them before it gets uploaded to their server.

Then I suggest your company dump the client. ;)

I am one of those people strongly opposed to encoding anything, so
perhaps my opinion should be discounted when it comes to this thread.

I was able to use Cake for a project at my work because the company
doesn't care what technologies we use because we're responsible for
maintaining them as well.  Probably a unique situation.

--
Chris Hartjes

"The greatest inefficiencies come from solving problems you will never have."
-- Rasmus Lerdorf

@TheBallpark - http://www.littlehart.net/attheballpark
@TheKeyboard - http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard