Hi, I have just read your article and it is an interesting option to use
propel in Cake. But what part of cake are you still using with the objects
you get from propel? Like Mark said, the behaviors and components and so on
are expecting arrays not objects... Where is the benefit that Cake usually
provides when using real ORM?
Besides that I have to say that the first part of your "justification" seems
strange to me. Cake follows convention over configuration but that does not
mean you can't configure. If your table and field names do not fit the
convention, then configure the mapping in cake. Table and field names are no
problems. How can this be an argument then?
The second part with the composite primary keys sticks. That is something I
would really like to use myself with cake.

regards,
jens