Your conventions are all over the place. Its best to stick to them.

Did you change the code inside the controller as suggested in my first post?

class ProvidersController extends AppController {
    var $name = 'Providers';

The filename is view_admit_lookup, yet the controller function is
viewAdmitLookup - they should match. Change the function name to
view_admit_lookup

In the view, you have this:

echo $form->create("Providers", array('action' => 'search'));

It'll create a form that tries to find the Providers model, not the Provider
model. Change it to:

echo $form->create("Provider", array('action' => 'search'));

Change Providers to Provider throughout the view code.

In your controller function you have $this->set('providers'... which sends a
variable $providers into the view, yet in the view you are iterating through a
variable called $Providers. Change the variable in the view to $providers.

Your are using $form-> when you should be using $this->Form (that's the syntax
for helpers in general, so $this->Html etc).

See this section of the book on conventions:

http://book.cakephp.org/view/901/CakePHP-Conventions

You can deviate from them with additional work, but it is not worth the effort
else you'll run into issues like this.

Jeremy Burns
Class Outfit

http://www.classoutfit.com

On 24 Oct 2011, at 22:39, Yves S. Garret wrote:

> Ok, now I'm getting this when I turned everything to plural.
>
> Missing Controller
>
> Error: ProviderController could not be found.
>
> Error: Create the class ProviderController below in file:
> app\controllers\provider_controller.php
>
> <?php
> class ProviderController extends AppController {
>
>       var $name = 'Provider';
> }
> ?>
> Notice: If you want to customize this error message, create
> app\views\errors\missing_controller.ctp
>

> Model:
>
> http://bin.cakephp.org/view/361596401

> http://bin.cakephp.org/view/1786526282
>
> Controller:
>
> http://bin.cakephp.org/view/1385185838
>

> On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Yves S. Garret <yoursurrogate...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> Yup.  CakePHP 1.3.  The view is in \app\views\providers\view_admit_lookup.ctp
>
> The controller file name is providers_controller.php.  I added the variable
> that you suggested to the model file (which is called Provider.php) and I get
> the same error :-( .
>

> On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Jeremy Burns | Class Outfit
> <jeremybu...@classoutfit.com> wrote:
> Did you change anything? This is 1.3, right?
>
> The filename should be providers_controller.php
> Change the code as per my post below.
> The view should be in /app/views/providers/
> Add $var $name = 'Provider'; to the beginning of the Provider model file.
>

> Jeremy Burns
> Class Outfit
>
> http://www.classoutfit.com
>
> On 24 Oct 2011, at 18:40, Yves S. Garret wrote:
>
>> This is my view:
>> http://bin.cakephp.org/view/1913574686
>> This is my controller:
>> http://bin.cakephp.org/view/1556854836
>> This is my model:
>> http://bin.cakephp.org/view/416003093
>>
>> This is the error that I'm getting:
>> Missing Controller
>>
>> Error: ProviderController could not be found.
>>
>> Error: Create the class ProviderController below in file:
>> app\controllers\provider_controller.php
>>
>> <?php
>> class ProviderController extends AppController {
>>
>>      var $name = 'Provider';
>> }
>> ?>
>> Notice: If you want to customize this error message, create
>> app\views\errors\missing_controller.ctp
>>

>> :-/
>>

>> On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Jeremy Burns | Class Outfit
>> <jeremybu...@classoutfit.com> wrote:
>> Your controller names should be plural; try:
>>
>> class ProvidersController extends AppController {
>>     var $name = 'Providers';
>>

>> Jeremy Burns
>> Class Outfit
>>
>> http://www.classoutfit.com
>>
>> On 24 Oct 2011, at 18:24, Yves S. Garret wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, this is weird.
>>>
>>> I found this tutorial on doing searches.
> [...]
>>> http://bin.cakephp.org/view/814828491
>>> Controller: