I guess the main problem with this list is the lack of "modern" post
markup.
With too much code as "plain text" it gets really hard to read and
comprehend.
I start to think that a google group is not the right board for code
related issues.

at least consider the possibility to post your issue at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/cakephp
you could still re-link it here or sth.
but "foreign" links (pastebin,...) are still links outside of this
context, can be unreachable etc. so that's not ideal, either.

the group is perfect for more general topics or with only a few lines
of code.
but other than that it is not really made for developers (especially
web developers).

as for the rudeness:
99% of all questions asked in a appropriate way get an appropriate
answer.
I sometimes catch myself writing a little bit too rude and regret this
some time later on. But in the heat of the moment I am asking myself
"How can someone have such a lack of communication skills and common
sense" if he posts sth like "HELP ME. Please program me a messaging
plugin. thank you".
It's annoying - to all of those.
Yes, its a good practice to test your own "patience" with this
patient. But sometimes its just too annoying.
I am certainly not saying that rudeness of a thread starter should be
treated with rudeness. But it is not only the fault of administrators
or contributors - the thread starter has a show a certain respect for
the group and the members of it, as well. and this is most certainly
not always the case.

As I said: A serious and good outlines question (that also shows that
you at least tried to come up with a solution yourself for trivial
issues) has always been treated as one. As far as I remember the last
years.