1. The typo was made in a section of code as I'd like to see it, not
actual code. so I was unable to cut and paste.

2. This is entirely about how cakephp generates html, not the html
itself...that's the easy bit.
3. Yes the message is long - I wanted to cover all aspects, and
offered numerous examples to illustrate the issue.
I'm a new cake user wanting to learn, that's all..I tried everything
prior to asking...sorry my message didn't conform, but your reply was
mocking at best.
Ah, you've posted my reply to you publicly. How very
friendly...thanks. That's a great welcome to the cakephp forums
then...