Disagree.

For starters - rather than creating a new thread by changing the subject,
why didn't you just reply in the existing thread? I had to go back and take
a look at what you were talking about.

Secondly the responses in that thread don't look rude at all. Helpful
suggestions for getting helpful responses (keep it brief, use pastebin etc).

I've always gotten helpful, quick responses to questions - even when my
questions have been borderline moronic. That said people are volunteers,
and are busy - so they are entitled to be frustrated when people do silly
things (like respond directly to people via mail, repeat questions that
have been answered dozens of times etc).

I've been on far less helpful lists (lists which are moderated - asking a
simple question never even makes it to the list. Simple questions getting
asked because of poor documentation never ever get answered).

Don't confuse short, sharp, to the point responses as "rudeness". People
don't often have the time to reply to responses with essays...