If this is the case then why not offer the domain at a nominal price - ie 20
dollars rather than 200? If your intention is to keep it away from the domain
squatters then passing it on to someone to use it is worth that. Otherwise let
it expire and I'll grab it then :)

Incidentally, as a developer who has benefitted from the work of the cakephp
foundation, perhaps donating it and some cash is more in order?