Ironic that hosting is on godaddy as cake fan problematic on those servers.

The domain is of little value really, the hosting is of no value. As cake
foundation could host it on existing servers.

As for someone taking the package from you you should rethink perhaps
partner with some other development make something of value to the cake
community - you could cover some losses via advertising & referrals
(covering you total outlay is expecting too much)

- S