On Jan 17, 2:55 pm, jeremyharris <funeralm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes. And as you can see from that code, he updates only the captcha area,
> not the whole form itself, as I suggested 2 posts ago. Your reply even said
> that the code I gave you "just causes the captcha to be redrawn on its
> own." And that should be fine, ...

No because the form is lost, just the captcha is visible on its own,
there is nothing else in the browser.

I discovered one problem with my view code and that is that I did not
write out the javascript.  I added the following line and now I get
the javacript in my source:

<?php echo $this->Js->writeBuffer(); ?>

This causes the following code to be outputted:
<![CDATA[
$(document).ready(function () {$("#link-925740216").bind("click",
function (event) {$.ajax({dataType:"html",
success:function (data, textStatus) {$("#captchaID").html(data);},
url:"\/mypp\/users\/reload_captcha"});
return false;});});
//]]>

Unfortunately I still get the same problem where the captcha is
displayed on its own.