It´s not the cause of being appropriate or not, but i would like to
use plugins folder ONLY for really PLUGINS, wich i dont change
anything, just use... Modular will work ONLY for that application.

The reason for modular programming is:
imagine you have /products/categories wich uses Category model, and
you have also /blog/categories wich would use also a Category model
that you need to give it another name, or create plugins to separate
models/controllers and views with same name but different objectives.

I hope soon Cake have this feature wich some other frameworks already
have, but even i prefer much more cake.