> But is this happening from specific computers?

As eluded to in my last reply, this happens from my computers and those of
two agencies and also their clients. As such, the chances of all our
computers having some strange config which is causing this are too small to
consider.

And are these multiple people logged in as the same user?

>From OP: This does not have to be two people using the same account, simply
having two authorised users looking through the site ...

As for logging, it depends on the RDMS you're using. Search for "query log".

I'm not sure what database logs are going to tell me about why a session is
timing out, or Auth is unauthorising a user.

BTW, does this occur when using regular file sessions?

Also from OP:  I am using Auth with Database Sessions

Thanks for your time, Paul.