Hi Tarique

Nice implementation - which I am sure will fit very well where the
data structure is similar to the one you have, that is where data
belongs to groups.

Would love to hear more thoughts from more people - on access control
for data in a massively multi-user systems built using cakePHP

Interesting question. I don't see a problem though with extending this system. I would do so by adding an Aco for each user (effectively creating their own individual group) and using the same system of restriction. Given caching, or session storage of the Aco/s there wouldn't be any performance issue, even if you were talking about hundreds of thousands of users.

Can you elaborate on your requirements a little further? Perhaps I am missing something?

Regards,
Langdon