I've been helping debugging on ocean CMS. I created my own project on
cakeforge when I started with cake.
Even if it was flawed by design (recursive requestActions ...) it helped
me get my job by demonstrating it.
At that time I received  zero feedback from the community, positive or
negative. Not even a "can't get it to work".
I would just appreciate to participate to a project addressing some very
common needs, not a feature bloat competition.
But there is no project "common enough" to participate to.