I need to run a php script in the background.  I have figured out I
can run it like this:

exec ("/usr/bin/php yourscript.php" >/dev/null &");

I have 2 questions concerning this:

1) Can I run a php script within the CakePhp framework?  I've been
able to run it outside the framework, I just put the script under
webroot.  But can i run it within the framework so I can take
advantage of CakePhp's extra functionality?  To be more clear, I want
the script to reside in one of my views folders, so I can still take
advantage of Cake's functions.

2) How do I pass arguments to the script?  I need the exact syntax.
I've searched google and could not find a clear example of how to do
this.

Thanks.