On 11/15/07, Gwoo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems some are using plugins to
> organize parts of a larger application.

Not exactly - I am trying to add more functionality to an existing app.

Basically trying to provide addon/plugin features to an core app - Cheesecake 2

What I am trying to solve is essentially non techie users wanting to
plugin functionality - asking end users to edit code or for that
matter asking them to upload parts in several different directories
does not work very well

Plugin offers a simple upload in single folder - add to it a dashboard
to install/uninstall activate/deactivate these in your core app and
you are rolling great.

> To me, you are on a slippery
> slope here to basically negating the whole benefit of a plugin

Again no - a major benefit of a pulgin for me is allowing users to
choose features and prevent bloat in core of the app

>and
> just making it more work on yourself. Using the config/bootstrap.php
> to organize your MVC requires a lot less code and should yield the
> same benefits.

For a end developer/commercial product perhaps yes

All that said I guess a simple combination of ClassRegistry::getObject
and loadModel will still work from within a plugin controller ;)

Cheers
Tarique