On Jan 24, 2008 4:36 PM, Doug @ Straw Dogs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm a developer by heart and know I'd love to code in CakePHP.
> However, I'm failing to see any solid business benifit in using it
> that can help me sell it to the directors.

I'm still just learning the ropes here so I don't have much to offer,
but I do have to say that some of the terse responses here are very
disappointing. That they come from some of the very people who one
should expect to offer the most thoughtful and cogent sales pitch for
Cake is terrible. Telling Doug to get out of Dodge is ridiculous. Do
you want this framework to be accepted by more people? Or do you pine
for the good old days, when Cake was something only a very small group
of developers worked on? I'm guessing not, and that you'd like it to
continue gaining in popularity.

Don't get me wrong: this is not a flame. From what I've seen so far,
CakePHP is an excellently produced framework and I intend to move more
of my existing projects to it, let alone future ones. However, I'm
lucky in that I left the corporate scene awhile ago and answer to
nobody but my clients. Were I still lead developer at my old company,
I'd be looking for the same answers Doug is. Do yourselves a favour
and give him and other devs the ammunition they need to overcome the
corporate inertia that they face.

Like it or not, CakePHP needs a bit of a sales pitch that management
can understand.