On Feb 12, 4:46 am, grigri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I use that code in a lot of (admittedly small) projects, and although
> it fits my needs, if you can suggest improvements/enhancements, I'd be
> glad to hear them. But "it didn't quite work" doesn't really give me a
> lot to work with.

no doubt, my intention there was not to give a full bug report
exactly ;)

I tried the code and it seemed to update the position field
incorrectly, breaking the sequence. But last night I figured out that
I was calling it wrong from the controller, guessing from the function
def., like this:

$this->Project->moveUp($this->Project, $id);

which of course is seriously wrong. First time using a behavior in
Cake so I didn't know how to call it (and yes I did search and read).
So your code is probably OK, may just need a line in the comments to
show future noobs how to call it properly?

$this->Project->moveUp($id);

I know it is sometimes hard to understand how noobs can be so stupid,
but that's just how it is ;)

cheers,
Sam