I'm not sure of any method - but why do you think that all your rows
as arrays will use up more memory than the same amount of data wrapped
in objects?  Is it just a pass by reference vs pass by copy issue?

At the heart of it the dbo_source.php file takes the data from the
database query as an array.  You could then build some object up out
of this - but I'm not sure that it will really help any memory issues.