It would kill all the cakephp filters and magic at best

-----Original Message-----
From: cake-php@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of R.
Rajesh Jeba Anbiah
Sent: 3. april 2008 14:49
To: Cake PHP
Subject: Re: Model find() to return object; instead of array (?)

On Apr 3, 11:51 am, Grant Cox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm not sure of any method - but why do you think that all your rows
> as arrays will use up more memory than the same amount of data wrapped
> in objects?  Is it just a pass by reference vs pass by copy issue?
   <snip>

   I'm sorry, I goofed it up with the term "object"; I actually meant
"resource". Cake is currently dealing like this:
<?php
$result = mysql_query('SELECT * FROM foo');
while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) {
    $array[] = $row['foo'];
}
//<---

// And, in view
foreach($array as $x) {
    echo $x;
}
?>

    I want something like:

<?php
$result = mysql_query('SELECT * FROM foo');
//<---

// And, in view
while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) {
    echo $row['foo'];
}
?>

--