From: cake-php@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of R.
Rajesh Jeba Anbiah
Sent: 3. april 2008 19:14
To: Cake PHP
Subject: Re: Model find() to return object; instead of array (?)

On Apr 3, 6:51 pm, "Chris Hartjes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 9:46 AM, R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah
>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >  On Apr 3, 5:58 pm, "Christian Winther" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  > Why on earth would you do that?
> >    <snip>
>
> >    Read the thread above.. the array dumping doesn't work for all the
> >  cases--especially on exporting the data.
>
> If you insist on fighting against Cake's conventions, or insist on not
> adjusting your application to the realities of Cake's conventions, you
> are facing an uphill battle.
>
> Maybe I'm stupid, but please enlighten me on how having Cake return
> result sets as an object instead of an array set will help you.  I am
> not understanding how the objects will take up less memory than an
> array when you have 600,000+ records.

     Like I mentioned above in *this* thread, I wrongly used the term
"object"--but I actually meant "resource".

     Cake's default way of dumping array in controller and iterating
in view file, works only for the small data. But, on a typical project
that requires "exporting of data", it doesn't work as it runs out of
memory. This needs fetching the record one-by-one like I mentioned
above.

     BTW, whenever you reply here with your remarks, I thought of
asking "do you really use CakePHP?" SCNR

--
  <?php echo 'Just another PHP saint'; ?>
Email: rrjanbiah-at-Y!com    Blog: http://rajeshanbiah.blogspot.com/