On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 10:49 AM, Chris Hartjes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 10:44 AM, jonknee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >
>  >  > > Either that or you'll have to run queries using LIMIT and OFFSET to
>  >  > > grab what you need one chunk at a time.  I don't know any scripting
>  >  > > language that handles sucking in 600,000 records via a web page.
>  >  >
>  >  >       Think about phpMyAdmin?
>
>  1) phpMyAdmin is not a scripting language

In all fairness, the suggestion, I think, was that phpMyAdmin is an
example of an application written using a scripting language that ...

Getting back to the OP's question: use a regular query and iterate
over the result just like you would in a regular PHP script. You lose
a bunch of Cake's functionality but that's an easy trade-off in a
situation like this.