I have a strange problem which is very likely related to my setup.
(Running Cake 1.2)

When running my application on the production server, the debug level
works as expected.

On my local development machine however, I have this behavior:

Configure::write('debug', 2);  // No SQL debug produced

Configure::write('debug', 3); // Controller dump produced, No SQL
debug produced

Any suggestions where the problem may be? Could it be a setting in my
PHP or MySQL installation?

Thanks,
Mike