On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 9:31 AM, Dardo Sordi Bogado <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I think you are mistakenly reading free as 'having no cost', I was
>  speaking about freedom (libre in Spanish my natural language).

I ran Linux for 7 years before switching to Mac, so I know all about
"free as in speech", which is what you're referring to.

>  Maybe is all my fault, I don't speak English so maybe what I've wrote
>  sounds offensive to you or other mac users. Sorry about that, wasn't
>  my intention.

It's not an English thing, it's a "you can use free software in a
proprietary environment just fine thank you" way of thinking for me.
As I mess around with stuff more I've come to realize that if you
can't customize your tools yourself (hence my recent struggles with
getting my vim skills (using MacVim) up to speed) then you are missing
out on setting up your development rig exactly the way you want.

I use paid tools when they are needed (TextMate, Komodo, CSSEdit)
because I can't do it by hand but I try to use the free stuff whenever
I can.  Right tool for the job, whether it's paid-for or not.

Let's hope this thread can die now.

--
Chris Hartjes
Internet Loudmouth