Hi All,

I've been thinking about using Cake as a framwork for the company
intranet, but am coming unstuck as how to share the libraries and
structure things.

The Intranet is made up of two parts, a portal like homepage, and a
potentially infinite number of applications running in it, each in
their own directory URL, for example:
http://intranet.company.com/   for the portal
http://intranet.company.com/sales/
http://intranet.company.com/humanresources/
http://intranet.company.com/finance/

All these "packages" would need to share the Cake Libs, but also CSS,
JS, Components, Vendors, Layouts and Elements. Each "package" would
have it's own Models/Controllers/Views, so the following would be
viable:

http://intranet.company.com/sales/lead/view/12345/  using a "lead"
controller, "view" action with the parameter 12345.

I have already tried setting this up with SymLinks but ended up in a
bit of a mess, by having the "packages" stored in their standard cake
layout, then running a PHP script that would symlink to the correct
places, with a common package trying to put files into all the
packages. I'm hoping there is a simpler way of doing this! (I'm happy
to use 1.2beta if needs require)

I tried the following with the webroot actually being the webroot
folder:

app
|                        | ---------------| ---------------------|
|                     sales          finance           homepage
|
| ------------------- webroot
|                     sales          finance

cakelibs

vendors

but trying to place common layouts and css and such in all these
"packages" was becoming cumbersome.

Any ideas as to how I could solve this?

Many Thanks,
Dave