Yeah, I tried all of those, and none of them were working for me, but
I noticed further down on the page in the link that was supplied by
Joel that there was a section called Custom Inflections, and so I
edited /config/inflections and added 'vinny' to the $uninflectedPlural
var.

It works now, and thanks for everybody's help.