I am totaling agreeing with you Wayne.  I started learning cakePHP
about 2 weeks ago and it is very hard to learn from the
documentation.  What I basically had to do was read it like 3 times,
because what it was trying to tell me didn't always make sense because
I did not understand other things that were not said until later in
the documentation that were required to understand the first thing.

Blech, it definitely would be great if some more people put more time
into it.