> So, to get back to my original point:  there is nothing stopping any
> one from contributing documentation to the CakePHP manual except
> themselves.

I think the biggest hurdle to contributing is just having the
confidence in feeling that what is being documented is the correct way
to do things. Even now, I'm reluctant to show my code because it's
often not to CakePHP coding standards or may not be the best way to
solve the problem.

To address that issue, I think people just have to get over it, push
forward, and contribute however they can. If you can pitch in on
documentation, even just to correct spelling mistakes, is a big help.
Add an extra example, try to clarify a paragraph. It doesn't have to
be a whole section, even just a little bit helps.

Also, this is a volunteer effort so these changes will take time but I
know that there's some sweet stuff coming down the pipe.

-Jonathan