Btw: I had to look back on my code since I've been doing the select
boxes and here's the code I've got:

Controller (you could of course add restrictions):
$this->set('companies', $this->Event->Company->find('list'));

echo $form->create('Event');
echo $form->input('company_id');
echo $form->end();

Yeah, that's it. :) (I don't have time to add that to documentation
right now but if somebody doesn't beat me to it, I'll look at it
later)