Hi all :-)

I'm using Cake 1.2 and the Auth component.

Everything is working fine (after a bit of fiddling and manual
reading), but...

It looks like the Users model is only being read once at login and the
details stored in a session (not checked the cake code, but that would
match the behaviour I am experiencing).

Basically, the edit is working (ie, database gets updated), but the
$this->Auth->user() isn't.

This means, that if the user edits his profile (users table) the
changes are not reflected on the site until the user logs out and logs
back in again.

For security reasons (changes to role etc.) shouldn't the user model
be re-read on every page view and only the user id stored in the
session?

In the meantime, how do I get the Auth component to re-read the users
table after an edit?

Thanks in advance