On 7/13/08, RichardAtHome <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  It looks like the Users model is only being read once at login and the
>  details stored in a session (not checked the cake code, but that would
>  match the behaviour I am experiencing).
>
>  Basically, the edit is working (ie, database gets updated), but the
>  $this->Auth->user() isn't.

I contend that this is the preferred behaviour. Refreshing the user
object stored in the session is unnecessary on 99% of the page views
(I suspect most users don't edit their profiles on a regular basis).

I suspect that it's just a simple storing of the current user in the
session (in Session->read('User')) but it'd be nice to have an
Auth->refreshSession() method that would refresh the current user in
the session. Maybe submit a ticket for that...