I have apache2 up and running on my Windows XP Pro laptop

I have established the following directory structure:

Apache2
   htdocs
      cake

When I type http://www.example.com/cake  or http://www.example.com/
I get "Page not found"

some kind soul sent me these suggestions:

1. Create a simple static VirtualHost under Apache based on the
simplehost
example configuration file
C:\www\Apache22\conf\extra\vhosts\_static\simplehost.com.conf
a. Resave file as mydomain.com.conf, in the same folder, to duplicate
it.
b. Update all occurrences of 'simplehost.com' to 'mydomain.com'
within.
c. Create folder C:\www\Apache22\conf\extra\vhosts\_static\mydomain.com
\
d. Create folder C:\www\vhosts\_static\mydomain.com\ to be used as
the
container for this VirtualHost.
e. Create log folder C:\Apache22\logs\mydomain.com\

2. Unpack cakephp as folder C:\www\vhosts\_static\mydomain.com\cake\

3. Modify this VirtualHost's configuration [mydomain.com.conf] and
change
DocumentRoot from...
DocumentRoot "C:/www/vhosts/_static/mydomain.com"
To...
DocumentRoot "C:/www/vhosts/_static/mydomain.com/cake/app/webroot"

4. Restart Apache.

However, I am stuck on step 1a and b...I don't know where to find the
file:

 'simplehost.com'

any suggestions?   Help...I have been trying to configure cake now for
4 days am getting frustrated.

-- Pittore